Just one month away from 2 years old!! You continue to amaze Daddy and I with all the new things you know--like your incredible vocabulary! You are so very smart and we just adore every moment with you. With all of your new words, you say the funniest things and keep us laughing all the time. Here are a few new things about you this month:
- We took a trip to Toys R Us and I bought you a pack of Thomas the Train underwear. Once we got in the car, you insisted that I open them. While I was driving, I looked back at you, and you had a pair on your head and you said, "Hat?" I laughed so hard I could hardly keep my eyes on the road! That night, you continued to wear your new "hat" around the house.
- You love to draw and will often want company when doing so. You will say, "Mama, draw" or "Dada, draw" when you want one of us to join you.
- One day while we were drawing, I drew a picture of a sun and you covered your eyes and said, "Bright!" It was so funny!
- You love to cuddle and will often say, "Mama, cuddle." Whenever possible, I will drop everything I'm doing to cuddle with you because there is nothing I enjoy more!
- You love to help around the house. We recently had an ant infestation (yuck!) and you wanted to help with the vacuum any time you saw an ant. You were the cutest exterminator ever!
- You are such a ham and you love to laugh. You will often do silly things and you can have Daddy and I in tears because you make us laugh so hard!
- If you're tired you will still fall asleep anywhere, even in the middle of eating your favorite: peanut butter and jelly!
- One day after you woke up, you wanted to stay in your room, so Daddy and I went back to rest in bed while you remained there. We heard you talking through your monitor so we peeked in and saw you sitting in your glider-rocker "reading" one of your favorite books. It was so cute! You were on the page with a dinosaur crying and you were saying things like, "Dinosaur crying. Tears." You are just so smart!
- You have great manners and are learning to use "please" and "thank you" regularly. After you woke up one morning, Daddy went in to get you and he said, "Do you want to go see Mama?" And you replied, "Yes, please!" I heard you through the monitor and it just melted my heart!
- You recently discovered fish sticks and you loved them! Thank goodness we found something else for you to eat. You are so picky!!!
- While I was getting my hair done, my friend/hairdresser asked you what you wanted for your birthday and you said, "Ummmmmmm..... Cookies!!" We laughed so hard!
- Two more teeth popped through recently so you now have 10 teeth. Thank goodness they're finally coming in!
- You are growing out of some of your 18 month clothing and moving into size 24 months.
I can't believe you are almost 2 years old! These past 23 months have been so wonderful. You truly are the sunshine in my life. You are just the sweetest and most easy-going child. Daddy and I adore spending time with you and we are excited for what the future holds. We love you so very much, Gav!