Monday, February 14, 2011

22 Months Old

My sweet boy,

You are growing up so fast and becoming such an independent little guy! You want to do things yourself and you seem to know exactly what you want at any given moment. You are so very smart and sometimes I don't even know where you have learned some of the things you know. You are talking up a storm lately and your vocabulary seems to be growing faster than you are! You also have several interests and skills, so it makes Daddy and I wonder just what you are going to be when you grow up - an athlete? a musician? an artist? a race car driver? The possibilities are endless. We are excited to see what the future has in store for you. Here are some new things about you this month:
  • You love wearing your rain boots that Grandpa C got you. You want to wear them every day, even if it's just around the house.


  • You love the guitar Grandpa and Grandma S got you for Christmas and you look absolutely adorable when you play it!



  • You told me one day that you needed to go poop and I set you on the potty and you went! Then, you did the same thing later that day. Daddy and I were so proud of you for using the potty twice in one day all on your own!
  • I came home from work one day to find that you had learned how to do "push-ups." You lay on your tummy with your arms pushing yourself straight up and you bob your head up and down. It's too cute!!
  • You love to use your new tools that Grandpa and Grandma S got you to work on your new car.






  • You decided that you love "Choo-choo's." So now, we TiVo Thomas the Tank Engine for you to watch every now and then. I even bought you a little Thomas toy that you love.
  • When you pick things up, you will sometimes say, "heavy!" with a lot of strain in your voice. It is so funny!
  • In addition to the guitar, you also love playing Grandpa S's keyboard!




  • When I made a casserole for dinner one night, you were curious about what I was making and I told you that I was cutting an onion. After that, you kept saying "onion, onion" until I gave you some from dinner. Surprisingly, you loved them and only wanted to eat the onions in the casserole.
  • You make the funniest faces and really crack me up!


  • You got three more teeth this month so you now have eight! I'm hoping that, with more teeth, you won't be such a picky eater because you'll have an easier time eating. (Ha! A little wishful thinking can't hurt, right?)
Each new month with you brings new joys (and a few challenges). You are growing up so fast and I just adore seeing you become an independent little guy who wants to do things all by himself. You amaze me everyday with how smart you are and how fast you learn new things. You are such a sweet and loving kid and I am so thankful to be your mommy! I love you so very much, Gav!!


No comments:

Post a Comment