Wednesday, April 27, 2011

2nd Birthday Party


To celebrate Gavin's 2nd birthday, we had a party at our house. It was the first time we had ever had such a big crowd at our house and we ordered a bouncer for the kids and had sandwiches, pizza, and various snacks for the guests. Unfortunately, I ended up spending most of the morning and the first 2 1/2 hours of the party at the E.R. due to a miscarriage. It was my second miscarriage and the timing was probably worse than my first, which was on my 26th birthday. I was very sad because not only had we been trying for baby #2, but I was missing my first baby's second birthday. But, I know that everything happens for a reason and we will just continue to try and hope that I will be pregnant again soon.

So, on a happier note, thanks to our wonderful and supportive family, Gavin's party went off without a hitch. He loved having his friends over and thoroughly enjoyed opening each gift. He received so many fun toys and cute clothes! We are so thankful for such wonderful friends and family! (Thanks to Dad S and Courtney for taking all the pictures, especially before I arrived!)

My Dad and good family friend, Dee, talking before the party

My sister, Matt's stepdad, and my Dad decorated the whole backyard in limited time!

The bouncer

Cute Costco cake

Sandwiches and pizza from Costco

Gavin enjoying the bouncer with his buddies

We got Gavin a sandbox for his birthday and it was a big hit the day of his party

Guests enjoying the party

More guests

And more guests

I finally arrived - straight from the E.R. to the backyard!

Guests watching Gavin blow out the candles on the cake

Family and friends

Matt cutting the cake

Gavin wanted to sample the cake

Ready to open gifts!

Opening gifts with a little help from some friends

Gavin was so focused

He loved all of his presents!

Carefully opening a card

Gavin even received money from good friends of ours

One of our best-dressed guests!

"Is gift opening time over???"

Putting some gifts away

At the end of the night, Gavin tried on the Lightening McQueen helmet he received as a gift and said, "Ride it, Grandpa's motorcycle!" It was so cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment