Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Tom's Farms (Again)

It may seem like we go to Tom's Farms an awful lot, and, well, I guess we do.  Most recently, Gavin and I met one of my best friends, Courtney, and her godson there for fun-filled day of pizza, train rides, and maybe a few bumps and bruises.  Of course, the first thing Gavin noticed when we pulled up was the giant Lightning McQueen blow-up slide which he had to go on.






After about 15 minutes, I heard Gavin crying at the top of the slide, but I couldn't see him because he was in the middle.  So, I flung my shoes off and took off scrambling to the top of the slide as quickly as I could (which I'm sure was quite a sight because that slide was definitely not made for adults).  Once I got to the top, I found that another child (also named Gavin) was trying to push my Gavin down the slide because he apparently wasn't moving quickly enough.  Soooooo, I decided that it was time to move on to another attraction.  From there, we took a spin on the carousel, where Gavin was happy to have his choice of the horses since he was the first in line.



Then, we waited for the train and the boys were very excited.  I tried to get them to pose for a few cute shots together and it started off pretty adorable.  However, when Courtney and I tried to get them to shake hands they went in for a hug instead and that's when disaster struck...










Both boys ended up with a few bumps, scrapes, and bruises from the fall, but Courtney's godson definitely took the brunt of it.  Both boys immediately began crying and it was pretty awful.  The poor kids!  We felt so bad!  And I know it must look really bad that I was snapping away when the poor little guys were falling down, but please know that it happened really fast and I happened to be holding down the burst button on my camera so it would take several shots at once.

Things did end up getting better, though, once we were safely on the train.

Courtney and her godson

Me and Gavin

After we left Tom's Farms, we ended our day by enjoying the beautiful community pool at Courtney's house.  They have a really cute kid's area where there are little shallow pools and water that spouts from the ground for the kids to enjoy.  Gavin loved it and overall, we had a wonderful day!






No comments:

Post a Comment