Tuesday, February 5, 2013

July 10, 2012 - The Night Before Jaxon's Birth Day

Being the super-procrastinator I have always been, I spent the night of July 10 rushing around to get everything prepared for our sweet little man to arrive.  I was determined to do things "right" this time around.  With Gavin, I didn't have a hospital bag prepared when my water broke in the middle of the night, so I was standing with a towel between my legs frantically directing Matt on what to pack.  In my haste, I neglected to pack a going home outfit for Gavin.  So, I will always regret the fact that my sweet boy came home in a regular onesie that my sister quickly picked up from the house for us.  I know, how awful, right?

So this time, I was much more prepared.  In addition to packing a hospital bag for Jaxon (along with my "Hospital Survival Kit" from Courtney), I had made a "Big Brother Bag" for Gavin (thank you, Pinterest).  I filled it with goodies such as snacks, toys, and books to keep him entertained while waiting in the hospital.  With all the excitement surrounding the birth of a new baby, I wanted to make sure that Gavin felt special, too.


I also used the leftover personalized kisses from my baby sprinkle to create little gifts for the nurses.  I think they came out pretty cute.


My final project was to design matching brother shirts for the boys.  Luckily, my father-in-law was able to transfer my designs to shirts and have them ready for me the night before.  That way, Gavin could wear his shirt to the hospital so everyone would know that he was going to be a big brother!


I went to bed that night so excited and anxious to meet my sweet Jaxon!  It was only a few hours away!

No comments:

Post a Comment