Thursday, June 18, 2009

Update

I know all of you are anxious to know how Gavin's surgery went.  Overall, it went great.  It was an emotional thing to go through, but he is healing well and looks just as cute as ever.  I will post a detailed update as soon as I get a chance.  I had begun working on it yesterday, but never finished because I received the worst news of my life - my mom had died in a plane crash.  My mom was one of the most important people in my life.  I called her everyday and she often came over to help with Gav.  She loved being a grandma and cherished every moment she spent with Gavin.  She said that he would always make her day.  She even brought us home from the hospital on Tuesday and was supposed to come by today and help me with him.  But instead, I am spending time with family and loved ones remembering my mom, as she was the center of our family.  I had recently told my mom that her advice was so valuable to me.  I told her I was in awe of her and how smart she was.  If she had told me the world was flat, I probably would have believed her, just because she was so amazingly intelligent.  I still had so much to learn from her and feel completely robbed.  I just don't know how to live without my mom...

10 comments:

  1. Kelly, my heart and prayers go out to you in this time of the loss of your Mama. Please, please call if you need help with Gavin in this recovery phase and hard times of the loss of your Mom.

    Hugs,
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Your family will be in my prayers during this difficult time. I can't imagine the pain you are going through right now. (((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our dear sweet Kelly....We are so very sorry for your loss and the heartache you are experiencing now. Your mom was such a special lady. We love you so much and will continue to pray for you, Matt, baby Gavin and your precious family. We're here for you hon...anytime....anyplace. With much love, Grandma Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kelly. I have been following your story through Rachel's journey. We, too, have a cleft affected son, Reid, who was born in 2007 with a complete bilateral cleft lip and palate. First of all, I want to say what a little sweetie Gavin is, and I pray that his recovery from his lip repair is going well. I know what a stressful time this can be. And secondly, I want to offer my sincere sympathy over the sudden passing of you mom. I am so very sorry to hear of this news, and want you to know that our family will be praying for you all. Please know that we hope that you are able to find the strength, courage, and peace that you all need at this time. I am truly sorry for your loss. Please take care.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Kelly. I have been following your story through Rachel's blog. We, too, have a cleft affected child, Reid, who was born in Nov. 2007. First of all, I want to tell you what a doll Gavin is. He is so very sweet. I am praying that he is doing well and recovering nicely from his lip repair. I know how very stressful that can all be. And secondly, I want to offer my absolute sincerest sympathies to your family over the loss of your mom. I am so sorry to hear of this, and pray that you and your family are able to find the peace, strength, and courage that you need. Please know that you are being thought of and prayed for. Do take care.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly - You are in my thoughts and prayers during this really difficult time. It is so hard to loose the most important person in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. I will keep your family in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your blog through a blogging friend, Joy Howse. I am so very sorry. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your family is in my heart and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your blog through Darcy's blog - my daughter Emily was born with a bilateral cleft lip/palate. I just wanted to say how sorry I am about your loss. I can't even imagine how hard this must be particularly with Gavin recovering from surgery. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete