Saturday, October 17, 2009

Loma Linda Visit

We had a craniofacial team appointment on Monday. Dr. Elmendorf had wanted to see Gavin regarding a head x-ray that we had done back in July. He was concerned that Gav's skull may had fused together too soon. When we arrived, I was just getting over a cold, so I still had a slight sniffle. Due to this, they sat us in a separate area and made me wear a mask. I understand the reason for it, but it is still uncomfortable when people look at you with fear in their eyes and pull their kids in closer to avoid you. You would have thought "Swine Flu" was written across my forehead. It turned out that Dr. Elmendorf was out sick anyhow, so we couldn't see him. The plastic surgeon was there, but he told the nurse that he couldn't see any detail in the x-ray and Gavin would need a CT scan done instead before he could be seen. So we left without seeing any doctors. Oh well.

Matt and Gavin kept themselves entertained while we waited to hear from the nurse

The long wait made Gavin tired and I saw this precious sight when we arrived home:



Gavin's CT scan is scheduled for October 26. I am not looking forward to it, since he cannot have anything to eat or drink after midnight and his appointment is at 7:30 a.m. Like his surgery day, I guess I will just have to either keep him up late or wake him at midnight to get a last feeding in. That day is going to be rough on all of us!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I'm glad to hear they are taking precautions to keep people well. But on the other hand, I know how you were feeling wearing the mask. I think we're going to see a lot of people wearing masks this flu season.

    Sorry your appointment was a wasted trip with no answers. Praying that his CT scan on the 26th goes well and ultimately everything is fine in the end.

    I can't believe how big he's looking.

    ReplyDelete