Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Rash Woes


With sickness behind us, we thought we could breathe easy. However, we had begun to notice a slight red skin rash on the back of Gavin's thighs and upper back. We decided to take him to the doctor and figure out just what the heck it was. When I told my sister that we were taking him to the doctor for it, she said, "Oh good, because it looks like emphysema." :o) Hmmm.... as far as I know, Gavin isn't a smoker, and neither are Matt or I, so chances of that are slim.

It was, however, eczema. We were told not to put soap in Gavin's baths for awhile and to rub cortisone cream on the affected areas for a few days until it went away. Since then, I have been trying to keep Gavin's skin extra-moisturized and cream-covered and it seems to be helping.

Poor Gav, if it's not one thing, it's another.

No comments:

Post a Comment