Saturday, January 15, 2011

20 Months Old


My sweet boy,

Once again, you continue to amaze me with how smart you are and what a sweet and easy child you continue to be. You are so much fun and Daddy and I love and cherish every moment with you. Here are some new things you are doing by 20 months:
  • We have a nightly routine - bath, put on pj's, read a story, I sing (if you want to call it that) "Gavin, Gavin, My Sweet Boy," you give me several kisses, then I lay you in your bed and we kiss your doggie and two bears, and then it's off to sleep. On some occasions, we cuddle in the glider-rocker after your bath while you’re still bundled up in your towel. One night, as I got ready to lay you on your changing table, you shook your head and whined. So I said, "you want to cuddle first?” and you promptly replied, “ya.” So, we cuddled for a bit and you fell asleep in my arms. I then changed you and got you ready for bed while you were completely out. You were like a little rag doll, just limp and sleepy. So, I gently laid you in bed, thinking you would just drift off to sleep. Well, you opened your little eyes, leaned forward and planted a sweet kiss on your doggie, wrapped your arms around him, and fell back asleep. It was the sweetest thing - another moment when I had to hold my hand to my chest to keep my heart from melting out!
  • When scooting across the tile floor on your little car, you lean forward because it makes you more aerodynamic.
  • You still love to be outside. I love this picture of you looking through the fence for Bocephus.
  • You know what you do and do not want and you answer questions with "ya" when you want something and "done" when you don't.
  • You say "Teak Ooo" (Thank you) in a sing-songy voice.
  • You know how to sign "tree."
  • You love cleaning (let's hope this trait lasts well into your teen years!).

  • You move my necklace (the one with Grandma's ashes) off to the side when you want to lay your head on my chest.
  • You love the Cookie Monster. Aunt Evie bought you a Cookie Monster movie and we have watched it so many times since she bought it that I'm surprised our DVD player isn't worn out.

  • When you held up your Lightning McQueen foam in the bath and wanted to know what it was, when I told you it was "foam." But then, you got an odd look on your face as you held it up to your ear as if it was a "phone." The look on your face told me, "I don't know about this, but if Mom says it's a phone, I guess it is."
  • You have gone poop on the potty (twice!) and when you do, you request little pieces of toilet paper by saying "pease."

  • When we read a book at night, you know which book you want and will shake your head "no" or say "ya" depending on what book you are in the mood for.
  • You constantly rub your nipples. I really don't know where you got this one, because that's certainly not a habit you see Daddy or I doing!


  • You love bean and cheese burritos (and I definitely know where you got that from!). You and I could probably eat bean and cheese burritos for three meals a day and be perfectly happy!


  • You attended your first church service and did very well. At one point, the pastor told a joke and the congregation began laughing and you laughed out loud with them. However, once the laughter had died down, you continued laughing and Grandma had to take you outside because you wouldn't stop!! It was the funniest thing!


I love you so much, Gav! I cherish every moment with you and look forward to all the moments to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment