My sweet Gav,
Wow! 21 months already! I still can't believe that in just three short months you will be two years old! The time really continues to fly by. You are doing so many new things this month and we can see you turning into a big kid right before our eyes. Here are some new things you are doing this month:
- You peed on the potty for the first time! Now that means you have done both duties on the potty and we are so proud of you.
- You still just have five teeth. You've had your four front teeth since you were right around a year old and then your fifth one popped through (your lower right molar) at about 19 1/2 months. Since then, you haven't gotten any more teeth.
- Since you last craniofacial team visit, we have started working on two-word phrases like your speech pathologist suggested. This month, you have achieved that feat with flying colors. You surprised us one morning by saying "Uh oh, goggie" (Uh oh, doggie). Then, that afternoon you requested some "bapple juish" (apple juice). Finally, our favorite one of all, you were able to say "of oo" (which is love you, of course!). It melts my heart every time!
- You like to work on your car. We noticed you had flipped your car upside-down one day and were "working" on the undercarriage. You are definitely just like Daddy!
- One of Daddy's favorite things that you say now is "woo hoo, Dada!" or "woo hoo, Mama!" It is so cute because you say it with such enthusiasm and we don't even know where you learned it from.
- You tried fat-free chocolate pudding for the first time and you were a big fan.
- You point out bugs when you notice them in the house by pointing and saying "uh-oh." I really appreciate this new habit because you know how much I dislike bugs.
- You love animals and had so much fun on a recent trip to Petco. You were fascinated by the turtles and loved watching them move sloooowly around their tank.
- You still love keys and have recently discovered Grandpa C's belt-loop hook for his keys and you think it is so cool. Grandpa let you wear it around the car show one night and you looked adorable!
- You smile on request and it is the biggest, cutest smile ever!
- You play very well with other kids.
- Due to some heavy rain, you now know how to sign "rain."
- Some new words this month are: pay (play), evy (heavy), reening (raining), and ee-up (clean-up).
I love you so very much, Gav! You are my sunshine. I adore spending time with you and am so thankful that Daddy and I can work our schedules so that we both get to spend part of the day with you. You are so much fun and you make me laugh everyday. I love you, Gav!