Wednesday, June 29, 2011

26 Months Old


My sweet boy,

You are now 26 months old and you are just more and more fun with each passing day! You are so smart and have such a sweet disposition. You are incredibly polity - saying "please," "thank you," "excuse me," and "sorry" at all the proper times. People are always surprised when they learn that you just turned two. You have your "terrible two" moments, of course, but they are so few and far between. I think if all kids were as easy as you, the world would be far over-populated! Daddy and I love you to pieces, Gav! Here are some new or just cute things about you this month:

  • I think this probably should have gone on a previous milestone post, but by now, you know all of your colors: red, orange , yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, black, brown, gray, and white.
  • You can now put your pj's on by yourself with very little help. I only help by "opening" your pj bottoms and shirt so you can pull them on (I also help pull the bottoms up over your little diapered tush since that can be a bit difficult).
  • While putting on your pj's one day, you said, "Did it self! Proud of you!" Hmmm...that must be something you hear Mama say pretty often. Hee hee!
  • You absolutely made my day one day when you said in the sweetest and most sincere little voice, "Mama's pretty!" I have never felt better about someone calling me pretty in my life! Thanks, Gav!
  • Your final two teeth - the upper and lower ones on the cleft side - started to come in last month. So you finally have all of your teeth!

  • One day, you didn't take your nap until 5:30 and by 8:00, when you usually go to bed, you were still napping! I had to wake you up to eat and get ready to go back to bed and I said, "You took a loooong nap!" and your response was, "Yeah. It's fun!"

  • You got sick with croupe on Mother's Day, so we ended up in Urgent Care.
  • While I was carrying laundry downstairs one day, you followed behind me and said, "Careful!"
  • While going downstairs another time, you asked me to carry you, so I picked you up and you said, "Hold it tight!" Geez, did you think I was going to drop you or something? And since when do you refer to yourself as "it"?
  • You are a super picky eater and if it wasn't for "pudder jelly" (pb & j) and bean and cheese burritos, I think you would starve.

  • When you are tired, you will fall asleep anywhere, and I mean anywhere.


  • You are an extremely polite child (which makes Daddy and I soooo happy!). You say "please," "thank you", "excuse me", and "sorry" when necessary. But most recently (and my personal favorite), when you meet people, you shake their hands and say, "Nice 'a meet you." It is so stinkin' cute! You impressed the heck out of all of our friends when you shook their hands at a recent party.
I know I am missing tons of things that you can actually do this month, but I guess that's what happens when I'm nearly two months behind on my milestone posts. I'm really trying to get caught up (which is one of my goals since I'm off for two weeks for "summer break"). Anyway, thank you, Gav, for making Daddy and I smile everyday. You are our little sunshine and we absolutely love you to pieces!

We love you, Gav!!

1 comment:

  1. He is so incredibly cute!!! And hats off to you! Because you do realize that those manners that he has are passed down and taught! They don't happen by chance! So, nice job Mom and Dad!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete