Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Jaxon - Month Two

My sweet Jax,

You are such a sweet baby!  I can't believe how fast the time is going.  I was so very sad to have to return to work when you were just 8 weeks.  With Gavin, I got to stay home for 5-1/2 months, but unfortunately, I only got the designated 8 weeks with you.  My heart was so heavy to leave you on that first day, but I knew that you would be in good hands with Daddy and Gavin.  With that being said, here are a few new things about you in month two:

  • You absolutely HATE car rides.  Just like Gavin.  For some reason you both hated car rides as newborns.  You cry every time we travel anywhere.  I'm hoping you grow out of this soon as well.
The only time you are not crying in the car is when you are sleeping...
  • You continue to wake up throughout the night (but I'm hoping this will end soon).
5 weeks + 1 day
Baby feet - the cutest feet in the world!!
Cuddling with Daddy 5 weeks + 4 days
  • You gave your first sweet smile to Daddy at 5-1/2 weeks!  (The first smile to Mommy took a little longer - thanks a lot, kiddo!)
6 weeks - You were not really thrilled about the photo idea
  • At your 6 week appointment, you weighed 11 pounds, 16 ounces and were wearing size 0-3 months.
7 weeks + 3 days
  • You had your first pictures with Mommy (other than those taken at the hospital) at 7 weeks and 3 days.  I realized that I am always behind the camera and rarely remember to ask other people to take my picture with you (or anyone else). 
7 weeks + 6 days
  • I continued to try and take the weekly photos, but it never went quite right.  The picture above was supposed to be your 7 week shot, taken at 7 weeks and 6 days.  I guess I figured as long as it was before 8 weeks, it still counted.  Hee hee...
Not too into the play mat
  • You tried out Gavin's play mat, but were not nearly as into it as Gavin used to be.  Although you look a lot like your big brother and you both detested car rides as infants, this was one of the first signs that you were going to be interested in different things than Gavin.
8 weeks + 5 days
We are truly so thankful to have two wonderful sons.  I had dreamt about meeting you for the nine months that you were growing in my belly and now that you are here, my heart is so full!  I love you so very much, Jaxon Matthew!  I can't wait to see what the future holds for you!

I love you to pieces!


No comments:

Post a Comment