Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sitting Up

Well I guess I spoke too soon on the last post. After returning to sleeping through the night, Gavin began waking up again. He woke up on Sunday night at 1:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. and wanted to stay up the second time. Luckily, since I have to be at work earlier than Matt, he offered to stay up with Gavin so I could go back to bed. Last night, Gavin woke up only once at about 3:00 a.m. Tonight, I was hoping he would sleep through again, but he just woke up already. I put him to bed about 8:30 p.m. and it's now about 10:00 p.m. We started giving him rice cereal twice a day this past weekend, which I thought would help him sleep better, but it seems to be doing the opposite. My boss suggested that he might be going through a growth spurt and is just hungrier and will fall back into a routine within a week or two. I am hoping she is right. Although the lack of sleep is wearing on me, being up with Gavin in the middle of the night just gives me precious time with my sweet boy. I love those moments, even though I'm exhausted the next morning!

"Are you looking at me?"

"Phew! Holding my head up is exhausting!"

"Is Mom still watching me??"

On Sunday Gavin reached another milestone by sitting up on his own! He wobbles a bit still, but can hold himself up for brief periods of time. We were so proud of him. He looked just like a little big guy sitting there on the floor all by himself. I know it's just a matter of time now before he starts crawling! I can't believe how fast he is growing. I remember my mom telling me that I will miss each phase as Gavin grows out of it, but I will cherish each new phase - and she was right!


We did Gavin's 6-month photo shoot at JCPenney's yesterday and were very pleased with the results. We get to pick up the CD in 10 days and I will post a few of my favorites then! :o)

3 comments:

  1. He looks so big sitting up -- such a cutie :o)

    Can't wait to see the 6 mo. pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he looks great!!! Avie has started waking up EVERY night about 3 calling Mama as loud as she can and will have nothing to do with my husband.....I AM EXHAUSTED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the transitions in life just when you thing we have it all figured out. I pray he is getting more continous sleep periods so the whole family can sleep. he looks SO darn adorable in the pics!!!! Love the third one the most. And as much as I don't miss those middle of the night wake ups, I really miss my little guy being content to cuddle in my arms for longer then 3 seconds. We just picked up Aiden's 1 1/2 yr old pics from JcP. I need to get them posted this weekend.

    ReplyDelete