Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Universal Studios

Through the month of March, Universal Studios Hollywood was offering a special allowing teachers and school employees free admission and half-off admission for up to three guests. So, while it would regularly cost Matt and I about $140, it was only $35 for both of us! We definitely couldn't pass up that deal.

We took advantage of the savings on the last day of March since I was already on Spring Break and wouldn't have to take any time off. We took my younger sister, Evie, with us as well. Gavin stayed with Grandpa and Grandma Stude since I thought it might be too long of a day for him. The three of us had a great time and I only hope they offer another special like that soon.




For me, the coolest part of the day was being on Wisteria Lane! I am an absolutely huge Desperate Housewives fan and I had no idea that the whole show was filmed right at Universal Studios. We took a tour that actually took us right through the whole Desperate neighborhood--which is surprisingly small. It looks so big on the show, but it's really only a small set in the shape of a cul-de-sac. For those of you that watch the show - do any of these places look familiar?






We concluded the day by visiting my brother and his fiance since they live just 10 minutes from the park. They cooked us a wonderful meal of tuna casserole and brownie/cookie dessert. Then, we headed home to pick up our little man whom we missed terribly!

1 comment:

  1. HUGE fan of DH!! Amazes me how small things look in person compared to how they make it look on TV. I have never been to Universal Studios but would love to go someday. Wish I would have known about the teacher discount thing. Maybe next time if there is one. I doubt my hubby would have been able to get the time off to go with me anyways at that time.

    ReplyDelete