Wednesday, July 6, 2011

27 Months Old

My sweet boy,

You are absolutely the most wonderful son! Daddy and I just adore every moment with you and it just seems to get better every day. You are so smart; people are always blown away when they learn that you have just turned two! Your vocabulary is nothing short of amazing and the things you know and do are remarkable. You are so polite and loving - you make Daddy and I very proud. Here are some new things and cute stories (mainly cute stories) about you this month:

  • You seem to understand some opposites. For instance, you will say, "I can't drive. I'm not tall, I'm short." Or, "It's not hot, it's cold."
  • Your counting skills are getting better, you still count from 1-10 very well, but occasionally "4" gets left out. Who needs "4" anyway?


  • You say the darndest things! One day while I was sick, you came in my room and said, "Cuddle, Mama." Of course, I will never pass up an opportunity to cuddle with you so I scooped you right up. I had been reading, so my bedside light was on and when you laid your head on my chest, you said, "Light bright!" So I said, "Do you want me to turn it off?" You said yes, and when I did, you snuggled down on my chest and said, "Perfect!"
  • While getting you ready for bed one night, you said, "Knees hurt." So, when I asked why they hurt, you said, "Crash landing."
  • As I've mentioned before your vocabulary is just incredible. I noticed that this month, you are beginning to understand the use of plurals and past-tense. For example, you are starting to add proper suffixes to words, such as -s, -ed, and -ing.


  • As a little science experiment, we had you plant a few seeds in little pot and water them each day. You apparently have a green thumb (which you definitely did not get from me) because after just a week, you plant was already almost 1" high! So I said, "Gavin your plant is growing." And your response: "Yeah, a-mazing!" I couldn't believe my little 26 month old son was using the word "amazing." That's amazing to me!
  • I had to drop you off at Grandma's house early one morning because Daddy and I were both working during the day. On the way there, it was sprinkling outside and you said, "It's not bright, it's sparkling."
  • That same day, before we headed over to Grandma's house, you were holding your Monster toy that Daddy had won for you at Knott's Berry Farm and I observed you say, "Nice 'a meet you, Gavin's Monster" as you shook it's hand. You're even polite with your toys!
  • Again, on the way to Grandma's (this was a very entertaining morning), you said to me, "I can't drive Daddy's blue work truck, I'm too short."


  • I know I mentioned this on your "25 Months Old" milestone post, but your memory continues to amaze us! While reading your bedtime story one night, we came across a horse and you said, "I rode a horse when I was a baby." Well, you weren't quite a baby, but you had just turned a year old. (You can see the photos of his first horse ride here.) And you constantly talk about other things you remember from when you were younger. It's incredible!
  • One day, Daddy and I were playing Hide-and-Seek with you and we were trying to teach you the concept of hiding. So, while Daddy counted, I helped you hide in the office, but each time Daddy came looking for you, you would run out to surprise him. I kept trying to explain to you that you needed to stay put and Daddy would try to find you, so you said, "Okay, Mama. I won't come out. I promise!" So cute!!! I don't know where you got "I promise," but I think the concept is still new because you came running out the moment Daddy came around the corner.


  • Another polite little trait of yours is that you now apologize anytime you do something "wrong." If you drop your napkin on the floor, spill some milk, or even knock over blocks, you will say, "Sorry, Mama" or "Sorry, Dada" in this cute little upbeat voice. It is so adorable! In most cases, we just smile and say, "Well, that's quite alright, Gav." You are just too funny.
  • In addition to apologizing, you also say, "Thanks, Mama" or "Thanks, Dada" at all the appropriate times. (Geez, I know some adults who could learn a thing or two about manners from you!)
  • One day, Daddy brought you a kids meal from Subway, which comes in a little reusable cloth bag, and when you saw it, you said, "A present for me?? Oh thank you, Dada. How nice!" We laughed so hard, we cried!


  • One night after your bedtime story, you said that you wanted to go to a car show with both Daddy and I. But I told you that I don't get to go to car shows very often because there isn't a seat for me in Daddy's "hot rod." Since it's a two-seater, there is only enough room for you and Daddy. Then, I made a sad face and you put your little hand on my cheek, rubbed it and said, "It's okay, Mama." My heart almost melted!
  • While in your room one night, you pointed out your football-shaped clock and said, "It's Gavin's touchdown clock." And when I said it was yours, you said, "Actually Mama's." I cracked up! What 2-year-old says, "Actually"???


  • You refer to sleeping as taking a "Niiiiiice nap." So, every night after you wake up, when Daddy goes to your room to get you, you say, "I wake up from a niiiiiiice nap!"
  • While reading an animal book one night, we were discussing the giraffe and how they have very long necks. So I pointed out that while their necks are long, yours is very short and you reached up to touch your neck and said, "Yeah, it's tiny!"
Oh, Gavin, I could fill a book with all of the adorable things you say! You make us laugh everyday. You fill my heart with joy and I absolutely adore being your Mommy. Thank you for being my little angel!

I love you to pieces, Gav!!

No comments:

Post a Comment