Tuesday, December 27, 2011

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

This year, I decided to ask Gavin if he had any ideas in mind for Halloween costumes and without hesitation, he declared that he wanted to be his very favorite character, Mickey Mouse!  I looked at several Mickey costumes online trying to find the perfect one and determined that the options were not very appealing.  Most of them were one-piece pajama-type suits that had Mickey's head on top of a hood, which is not the look I was going for at all.  Therefore, I decided that my only choice was to put together a costume myself.  Thankfully, I have a very crafty friend (who also happens to be my boss) who offered to help create the perfect Mickey costume for my little man.  She created adorable yellow Mickey shoes and added black felt to a little pair of gloves to help "Mickey-fy" Gavin. I sewed some buttons on Gav's old red shorts and with the help of black leggings, a long-sleeved shirt, ears and a tail, the look was complete!  I let him try it on a few days early and he was so excited!

He sang the Mickey theme song in front of mirror when he first tried on the costume!

My little Mickey Mouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment