Wednesday, May 20, 2009

2 Weeks Old

Gavin finally got to be home when he was 2 weeks old. It was so much nicer to have him home and begin trying to establish our own routine. He also got his first official sponge bath with Grandma C's help:

Breastfeeding was proving to be quite a challenge, though. I never realized just how much work it is, especially with Gav's special circumstance. During this week, I found myself becoming overwhelmed at times and breaking down in tears when Gavin would try to latch on couldn't. He would try so hard and become so frustrated that it would break my heart. Luckily, Matt would always come to our rescue and take Gavin for a little walk around the house to calm him down and give me a chance to relax as well. Then, we would try again and it would always work. Thank goodness for Matt! Here is a cute picture of Gav on his 2 week birthday enjoying a "milk high":

No comments:

Post a Comment