Thursday, May 21, 2009

6 Weeks Old

We reached two milestones at 6 weeks. On our 3-year anniversary, Gavin slept through the night for the first time! What a special gift our sweet boy gave to us. He began sleeping about 5 1/2- to 6-hours a night from that point on and it was wonderful. Also, by 6 1/2 weeks, he gave me his first smile! It absolutely melted my heart! I was having a little "conversation" with him and he gave me the sweetest smile! I cried tears of joy as it was one of the most heart-warming moments in my life. I never could have imagined just how much joy one little smile could bring.

During this week, we ventured out with Grandma S to Babies R Us. With all of the trouble we had had with breastfeeding, I am always nervous to leave the house, since Gavin usually doesn't stay latched on and requires a lot of assistance latching on in the first place. However, I felt comfortable going to Babies R Us, since they have a nice, private little "Mother's Room" where you can breastfeed and change your baby. Gavin wore his brown sneakers for the occasion:

I bought the "Mommy Bear" for Gav while we were shopping. It is a teddy bear that plays the sound of the womb to comfort babies. Gavin really seems to like it.

I keep trying to get a picture of Gavin smiling, but each time he smiles, I grab the camera and then he just stares at it in amazement. I can't get him to smile at the camera when he's awake, but I managed to sneak this one while he was snoozing on Grandma C:

No comments:

Post a Comment