Friday, May 29, 2009

Fun-Filled Days

The past two days have been very fun for us! On Wednesday, I dressed Gavin in his new shorts and of course, he looked adorable. It was a bit sad for me, though, since I officially had to box up his newborn clothes and move him into the 3 month size. Awwww....
Mamaw and Papaw came to visit that day and we always enjoy spending time with them. When Papaw held Gavin, he was so comfortable that he fell asleep!
Yesterday was my 27th birthday and it was a great day for me! My good friend, Virginia, who I met while attending Cal Baptist University, came to visit with her adorable 5-month old son, Vincent. While going through the teacher credential program together, Virginia and I realized we had a lot in common and we became great friends. She was there for me during my miscarriage and throughout my pregnancy with Gav and I love her for that! It was so wonderful to visit with her just have some girl time!

After she left, Evie came over and gave me a pedicure for my birthday. It was soooo wonderful, just what I needed. She has her cosmetology license and is amazingly talented. She was going to give me a head massage as well, but Gav woke up from a nap right then, so I had to take a rain check. I was so excited because Gavin loves his Aunt Evie and smiles at her constantly, so she was able to get a good smiling picture of him. It is so cute!
My boss, Karen, also came over to deliver my birthday gift from my co-workers yesterday afternoon. It was very nice to see Karen as she is more like family than a boss. While at work, I love all of our conversations and constant laughter, so I miss that. But, I still don't want to return to work! I'm going to miss Gav terribly! I am scheduled to return August 1, that way, I can stay home to care for him after his surgery. Then, Matt will begin working nights so he can watch him during the day. So, we won't have to use daycare. Hooray!

We ended the night by going to dinner with two good friends, Billy and Courtney. My mom and Evie watched Gav while we were gone. Before we left, my mom tried feeding Gavin a bottle because he was hungry. He started fussing, but then Matt turned on the vacuum (another sound he loves in addition to the blow dryer!) and lo and behold - he took the bottle! He drank 3 1/2 ounces and we were so excited! Some friends and family have asked why I want him to bottle-feed when he is breastfeeding so well. I want it for a few reasons, but one is that once I return to work, Matt will need a way to feed him while I am away. Also, it is nice to have it as a back-up in case I need to go somewhere or just need a little "me time." :o) But I am planning on continuing breastfeeding as long as I can.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, a day late! Sounds like a fun day with lots of good visits.

    It's so funny that the vacuum, and the hair dryer soothes Gavin's fussing.

    ReplyDelete